Last modified June 15th, 2009
Your privacy is critically important to us. Here at Tasty Lounge LLC ("Menumill.com") we have a few fundamental principles:
- We don't ask you for personal information unless we truly need it. (We can't stand services that ask you for things like your gender or income level for no apparent reason.)
- We don't share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our products, or protect our rights.
- We don't store personal information on our servers unless required for the on-going operation of one of our services.
- In our products, we aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control what's visible to the public, seen by search engines, kept private, and permanently deleted.
- Website Visitors. Like most website operators, Menumill.com collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Menumill.com's purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how Menumill.com's visitors use its website and how they arrived there. From time to time, Menumill.com may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
Menumill.com also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. Menumill.com does not use such information to identify its visitors, however, and does not disclose such information, other than under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information, as described below.
- Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information. Certain visitors to Menumill.com's websites choose to interact with Menumill.com in ways that require Menumill.com to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that Menumill.com gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who sign up for an account at Menumill.com to provide an account username/web address and email address. Those who engage in transactions with Menumill.com are asked to provide additional information, including as necessary the personal and financial information required to process those transactions. In each case, Menumill.com collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor's interaction with Menumill.com. Menumill.com does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
- Aggregated Statistics. Menumill.com may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its websites. For instance, Menumill.com may monitor the most popular restaurants in the Menumill.com site. Menumill.com may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, Menumill.com does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
- Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information. Menumill.com discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on Menumill.com's behalf or to provide services available at Menumill.com's websites, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using Menumill.com's websites, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. Menumill.com will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, Menumill.com discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only when required to do so by law, or when Menumill.com believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Menumill.com, third parties or the public at large. Data transmitted through your browser over the Internet can never be guaranteed to be 100% safe and secure. As a result of this, we cannot ensure or warrant the absolute security of any data you send to Menumill.com and you do so at your own risk. Upon receiving your transmission of data, we make our best efforts to maintain the security of your information on our systems. If you are a registered user of an Menumill.com website and have supplied your email address, Menumill.com may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what's going on with Menumill.com and our products. We primarily use our various product blogs to communicate this type of information, so we expect to keep this type of email to a minimum. If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. Menumill.com takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
- Information Relating to Minors. As with many other sites, users under the age of 13 are strictly prohibited from using Menumill.com.